Thursday, February 26, 2015

Delicious Banana Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe




Banana Blueberry Cupcakes
It’s very bad to let me roam around a grocery store on my own, which is how I came to realize I had several bunches of ripe bananas on the counter attracting several of those little banana bugs that fly around the kitchen every time you bring even one banana home.

I could use the Internet in my brain to look up the scientific name for the banana bugs but I need to recharge and I think you know what I mean anyway.

Banana Blueberry Cupcakes
And at the same time, why do berries go bad so quickly? I could also research an answer to that question as well but I don’t need to explain myself twice.

Banana Blueberry Cupcakes
Get yourself some old bananas and blueberries you don’t know what to do with because you bought four cases at once.
Or is that just me?

Banana Blueberry Cupcakes
Banana Blueberry Cupcakes with Honey Buttercream
makes 12

1-1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, browned, cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with baking liners.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, and salt. Stir in butter and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Fold in bananas and blueberries.

3. Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.

Frosting

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup honey
4-5 cups powdered sugar
dash of milk

In a large bowl, cream together butter and honey. Add powdered sugar until combined and creamy. Add milk to reach desired consistency.

0 comments

Post a Comment